The Johnson Controls M9220-HGA-3 Damper Actuator 20 NM SR; 20 NM SR DPR ACT 0 TO 20 VDC ADJ START & SPAN 24 VAC 50/60 HZ 24 VDC
The M9220-xxx-3 actuators are direct-mount, spring-return electric actuators that operate with these available power options:
- AC 24 V at 50/60 Hz or DC 24 V (AGx, BGx, GGx, HGx)
- AC 120 V at 60 Hz (BAx)
- AC 230 V at 50/60 Hz (BDx)
These bidirectional actuators do not require a damper linkage, and are easily installed on dampers with 1/2 to 3/4 in. or 12 to 19 mm round shafts, or 3/8 and 1/2 in. or 10, 12, and 14 mm square shafts using the standard shaft clamp included with the actuator. An optional M9220-600 Jackshaft Coupler Kit is available for 3/4 to 1-1/16 in. or 19 to 27 mm round shafts, or 5/8 and 3/4 in. or 16, 18, and 19 mm square shafts.
A single M9220-xxx-3 Electric Spring-Return Actuator provides a running and spring-return torque of 177 lb·in (20 N·m). Two or three models mounted in tandem deliver twice or triple the torque. Integral line voltage auxiliary switches are available on the -xxC models to indicate end-stop position or to perform switching functions within the selected rotation range.
- Available torques of 177 lb·in (20 N·m) for single actuators, 354 lb·in (40 N·m) for two models, and 531 lb·in (60 N·m) for three models mounted in tandem—offer a selection that is most suitable for the application.
- Reversible mounting design—simplifies installation and enables the actuator to spring return in either direction.
- Electronic stall detection throughout entire rotation range—extends the life of the actuator by deactivating the actuator motor when an overload condition is detected.
- Removable coupler—adapts to a shorter damper shaft.
- Integral 48 in. (1.2 m) halogen-free cables with colored and numbered conductors— simplify field wiring.