The Fireye 45UV5-1009 UV self-check scanner, 120 VAC shutter, 1 NPT. Use with 72DUVS1T, 72DUVS4, EUVS4, FlameWorx II, MicroM.
- Supply voltage: 560 VAC (supplied by control)
- Self-checking shutter assembly
- Operating temp: -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F)
- Available in NEMA (Class 1, Div 2, Group C and D) and Cenelec approved explosion proof housing (EEx d IIC T6)
- Mounting threads: 1″ NPT ~ Optical range: 190-270 nm.
The 45UV5 scanners use a UV-eye detector. This detector is a sealed, gas-filled, UV-sensitive tube containing two electrodes connected to a source of AC voltage. When UV radiation of sufficient energy falls upon the electrodes, electrons are released and the inter-electrode gas becomes conductive, resulting in an electric current flow from one electrode to the other. The current flow starts and ends abruptly and is known as an “avalanche.”
The Fireye 45UV5 (-1009) self-checking scanners are used to detect ultraviolet emissions from fossil fuel flames such as natural gas, coke oven gas, propane, methane, butane, kerosene, light petroleum distillates and diesel fuels.
Apex Controls is not affiliated with Fireye or the use of the Fireye logo